Friday, July 22, 2011

Brisbane Textile Art Festival and Workshops!

A month ago I was lucky enough to have a Winter break in Brisbane, although it was barely warmer than frosty Melbourne!
While I was there, a friend and I enrolled in one of Wendy Bailye's Felting classes at the Textile Art Festival. Wendy is a very relaxed Tutor with a wealth of Felting knowledge to share. Some made black silk scarves with 3D Flowers, while I made a Table Runner on prefelt.

Another fuzzy Pic! Less rush - take time, needs to be my motto!
Wendy is adjusting some of the 3D flowers


I was really pleased with my Table Runner now proudly displayed at the shop!
It is always inspiring taking classes, you always learn something new, as every Tutor has their own way of approaching things.

Looking forward to the Dry Felting class we have at Precious Purl tomorrow. 5 gals are in for a treat with experienced teacher, Moira Watkins.

We still have places in the Flowers and Fascinators wet Felting on Saturday 3rd September. A 3 hour class that promises to be lots of fun.

Also places available in Knitting Basics/Pattern Reading with Vicki, Saturday 17th September.
If you are interested in either of these classes just email me for more details.

No comments:

Post a Comment